Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Middle School Diary

I have a plan. I'd like to blog every day but I fear that my everyday musings are not terribly interesting. So I may include daily anecdotes but mostly I'm going to share entries from my middle school and high school diaries. They are pretty entertaining no matter what but I really recommend reading them allowed (perhaps to a friend) in a "valley girl" manner.

I am going to change the names for anonymity. I am not going to correct the grammar and punctuation... it's too funny as is. Here is the first entry. I'm embarrassed to say that I was in 11th grade when I wrote this:

Nov 23, 2001, 11 pm

I feel so distant. Not that I don't want to be. Sadie and I are not getting along. I don't understand it. We were best friends for all of a week.

Janet is a hypocrite. She told me today that she doesn't like it when I flirt with Derik and James. Then I told her it bothers me when she flirts with Tyler. She totally disregards what I said and said that she doesn't consider what she does with Tyler flirting because she doesn't like him, I don't like Derik and James, I am not going to stop flirting, I love it, it's making me happy. I want to call Kim. That was random.

I get an unexplainable feeling from Tyler, I mean, I feel something for him. I don't know why and it is nothing like a crush. Thats why I wrote all those songs, because a crush would not inspire those. This is an intense love, caring. I miss who he is, but I don't even know who he is. I never knew him before. I feel so alone. I wish I could cry.



Wow. That is embarrassing. Well, I'm off to the flea market. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable. I had some old things I wrote from back in High School, and one day I went back to some of em; made me want to hit myself and threw the rest away. You are much braver than I lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've kept a jounral since i was 11 years old, but when i moved out of my mom's at 18 i burned/threw them all away...trying to purge myself of my former selves i guess?

    it was definitely not the best decision i made...however due to a problem with impulsivity, i accept it...haha

    its fun to read old stuff like this though, because in high school, that's all you felt there was, the world of high school...but now that you're in the real world, it funny yet emabarassing to think thats what you thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confused teenager...
    I did not keep a journal as a kid. It must feel really weird to look back at yourself in such a raw unadulterated way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool i have something like this too!

    http://lifeofa6thgradegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete